So it’s official – my phone has died and gone to techno heaven.
Which means that I will be sans technology for the next couple of days whilst I try to get something sorted.
This does explain my lack of outfit posts as I have always used my phone to capture each day but I will try to find a solution for the time being.
So in the absence of any outfit posts I thought I could do a quick recipe based on a delicious, clean dinner I made last week…
Mexican food is one of my favourites and it used to involve nachos, margaritas and plenty of cheese. However this clean version was equally delicious and equally satisfying.
I would firstly like to point out that fajita can still be fajita without the tortilla wraps and you don’t need the sour cream and guacamole to make it into a mean feast.
- Take a portion of turkey breast (you can use chicken but turkey is lower in fat) and dice into bitesize pieces
- Slice an assortment of veg (I used red and yellow peppers along with some green beans that needed to be eaten)
- Dice half an onion – I used red but you could use white
- In a hot griddle add some coconut oil and once hot add the veg
- Allow to stir fry for around 10 minutes – you don’t want to overcook them but you want them to soften
- Then add the turkey pieces along with a pack of fajita seasoning – I used a regular pre made one from supermarket but only used half the packet. Sprinkle generously over the veg and turkey and let the mexican spices do their magic
- Whilst this is cooking, thinly slice some lettuce and place in the bottom of a large, comforting bowl
- Once the turkey is cooked through place over the lettuce and add a dollop of greek yoghurt
- Eat and enjoy!
Now you could use prawns instead of the turkey or even steak but if you are looking for a light and tasty mid-week meal then this a real winner.
I didn’t even miss the wraps and dips – although I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss the cheese!
I hope this helps inspire you to look at old favourites to see how you can make them healthier.
Hope to be back up and running ASAP but in the meantime my Instagram account (sweet4ellie) will still be active!