I have been a little tardy in posting this as I wanted to make sure I had all the relevant bits and pieces but I am very pleased to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the delightful mandymint and fashionquaratined.
The purpose of this award is to help up and coming bloggers feel more connected and to encourage them to keep posting what inspires them and lets their creativity flow. As I am fairly new to the blogging community it is really fantastic to have opportunities to share with others what you do and who inspires you!
Here are the details and rules:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers
So I’ll go first and share some random facts….
- I have literally only just eaten a mince-pie – have always feared them due to the name but on tasting have decided I quite like them
- On the subject of food I also have never tried beetroot, apple sauce, liver or mackerel
- I have a younger brother who I actually think has surpassed me in wisdom – whenever I need advice he is the first person I go to
- I love photography – I am not very good at it but I enjoy having a go and my one wish would be to take portraits. I think they are the hardest thing to do but when do well are awe-inspiring
- I love Christmas – I can’t help but get swept up in the magic
- My obsession would have to be nail varnishes – every time I go into a beauty store I end up buying another one and it has now got to the point where I have duplicates!
- I have a terrible fear of heights but flying doesn’t bother me…
- My secret desire is to be green fingered and be able to grow and nurture living plants – instead I seem to kill them!
- I love fresh flowers – I want to train as a florist at some point and am trying to find an internship as we speak
- My TV idol is Kirstie Allsopp – I think she is fantastic and am so envious that she gets to spend her time pottering around crafting!
- Considering I spend most of my summer putting on festivals I have no desire to actually go to one…
Now to answer MandyMints questions:
If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
I think I would have liked to have stayed at 18 – I was just on the cusp of adulthood but didn’t have too many responsibilities. At that point I felt like I could achieve anything and be anyone…
What is one of your favorite quotes?
‘Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got’ Robert Brault
If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
The scene at Cromer as you just step around the path and see the sea for the first time
What is your favorite meal?
Changes frequently but at the moment it is toad in the hole with mash and gravy
What is your favorite fashion brand?
The brand I wear the most is Zara but my dream brand would be either Mulberry or Chanel
What has been your proudest moment so far?
Being nominated for the A list – an industry award for the top 35 event professionals under 35
If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Sarah Jessica Parker – she epitomised my teenage years as Carrie Bradshaw and through her character I think she has shaped a lot of how I am
What is your favorite hobby?
Photography and reading – I don’t suppose shopping counts!
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Speak French – I am absolutely useless at retaining information
What is your favorite movie?
Tough one I would say it is between My Girl and Moulin Rouge
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Worst gift actually turned into a very good gift but at the time I wasn’t impressed – a pair of thermal socks! They came in handy but certainly wasn’t the gift I was expecting!
What would you do with a million dollars?
I would buy a house and do it up to be a great home – the most important room would be my walk in wardrobe! Then I guess there would be one almighty shopping spree…
Who is one person that you look up to and why?
My Dad – he has achieved so much and is so wise – I always think I should listen to his advice more – perhaps that can be my new year’s resolution!
Do you have any siblings, and if so, how many?
Yes I have one younger brother
What does your dream house look like, and where would it be?
A Victorian terrace in a quiet London street with four floors, plenty of original features, a real fire in the bedroom and a garden
Do you think “all is fair in love and war”?
Yes you can’t help or predict what is going to happen so you just have to go with it!
Are you superstitious? If so, why?
Not so much superstitious but I do think things happen for a reason…
Who is your favorite song artist or actor?
Really liking Emeli Sande at the moment
What TV show do you watch the most?
Strangely addicted to The Big Bang Theory at the moment otherwise it would have to be Sex and the City re-runs
Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled?
I have been to New York and I absolutely loved it. I loved the buzz and the people – can’t wait to go back there!
If you had to choose between watching TV or reading a book what would you choose?
Reading a really good book – a real page turner!
What food do you crave the most when you want a snack?
Not going to lie it has to be cheese!
So on to my nominees – congratulations to you all!
(I know you’re not supposed to nominate those who nominate you but I think they are such fab blogs I couldn’t help myself!)
And finally my 11 questions to you…
- If you could pass on one piece of advice to a friend/loved one what would it be?
- Are you a sweet or savoury person?
- What is your favourite film?
- How do you like to spend your spare time?
- What three words do you think a friend would use to describe you?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Favourite season and why?
- What would your last meal be?
- What is your karaoke song?
- What’s on your Christmas wish list?
Congratulations to you all and thanks again for my nominations!